29.5.11

Choosing



There stands a wood, the darkness alluring
Someone there calls out my name
Temptation breaths, "Don't stop to think,
Follow your heart before it's too late."

But behind me gleams the straight and narrow,
A nail scarred hand reaches to me
"Choose what's right, choose what's holy,
Come into the Light and follow Me."

I stand between the world, so alluring,
Promising to fulfill all my dreams,
And what I know to be where I must go
No matter what Temptation breathes to me

I slowly turn and reach for the Saviour
His tender clasp reassures me
I know not where He will take me,
But I'll follow Him wherever He leads,
For His peace, so divine, encompasses me.
-Adrienne

1 comment:

Adrienne said...

Oh, wow! Thanks so much Ashlyn! That picture is PERFECT! Where did you get it? One spelling correction: I typed 'breaths' instead of 'breathes' in the part, No matter what Temptation breathes to me. There was something else I spelled wrong that is on the About Adrienne page, but I can't remember what it is now. Have a blessed day!
Love in Christ,
Adrienne