22.6.11

Write With Your Heart

 
I wrote this poem after buying a journal with the words, "Write with your heart" stamped on the front. I decided to fill in the first page with a poem that God brought to my mind when I thought about those words. It reflects part of me, and part of the passion of my heart. 

------
Write with your heart
What does that mean?
Write with a passion
Write with your dream
Write with a vision
That you know from the start
That God has implanted
Right into your heart

Write from your heart
The things that you feel
Write what you know,
What you know to be real
Write of God's love
Write of His power
Write for His glory
Everyday and hour

Write of your heart
To those who must know
Write for the ones
Who you feel for so
Write from the depths of
Your heart to them
For it may be that now,
Now they need a friend

Write to your heart
The things you must hear
Write what you know
Will make the barrier disappear
Write what God is telling you
Don't ignore His prompts
Listen to the Holy One
Write, and never stop.
-----

2 comments:

Ashlyn Y said...

Girl, I must say you like to write poems=D and you are very good with writing=D

Adrienne said...

:D Thank you dear! I do like poems, especially when they reflect something I am passionate about. :)