25.5.11

:|:|:Taking the Step for His Names Sake... part 2:|:|:

I mentioned that yesterday that the LORD wasn't done with me yet...and He wasn't done with me yet today either... so I got a few more insights. (I used the picture above because of the path!)


Psa 25:8-128.Good and upright is the LORD: therefore will he teach sinners in the way.
9.The meek will he guide in judgment: and the meek will he teach his way.
10. All the paths of the LORD are mercy and truth unto such as keep his covenant and his testimonies. 11. For thy name's sake, O LORD, pardon mine iniquity; for it is great. 12.What man is he that feareth the LORD? him shall he teach in the way that he shall choose.
I liked the contrast  of verse 8 and 9. If you notice, in verse 8, it says, "...therefore will he teach sinners in the way." Notice the word "in."
   The sinners, the Hebrew word meaning "guilty, offender," (not under the blood) will be convicted in the way. "In the Way" in it's original Hebrew means life's journey, a path,  a mode of action, a course of life. It's not meaning he's going to show them his will for their life as you would think when you read it, it means that He's just going to convict them somewhere in their life of their sin.
But Verse 9 says that he will teach us his will. We are only teachable if we are meek, as the verse implies. The same word is used for both verses, that is significant to add. But as you study the word sinners, you will notice that the LORD is not meaning the exact same thing. (is this making ANY sense???)
"Teach" are different in both verses. much different! "Teach" in verse 8, means "pointing out, lay out." The LORD will lay out before the unsaved that their ways aren't working. The LORD will point out to them that what they are doing they are going to have to answer to someday
However. In verse 9 it means "instruct, teach." The word Rod is used as an incentive. So... If we are not willing to go do what the LORD wants us to do, The LORD will find a way to help us! And we're much better off doing it the first time!


         Yesterday I mentioned that when we do not follow the LORD will, the unsaved will count that against us. Those were my words, but this morning I found a verse that backs that up in Ps 115:1-2
Not unto us, O LORD, not unto us, but unto thy name give glory, for thy mercy, and for thy truth's sake.
Wherefore should the heathen say, Where is now their God?
  
And here are some more verses that I happened upon (ok. I dont really believe I happened upon them. God gave them to me!)

Psa 85:13 Righteousness shall go before him; and shall set us in the way of his steps.
Psa 31:3
Psa 31:3   For thou art my rock and my fortress; therefore for thy name's sake lead me, and guide me.
    The LORD obviously stresses that it's not just for us. Its for his name's sake. There seemed to be a direct corrolation between these words:
  • path
  • steps
  • righteousness
  • his name's sake

Alright... until next time...
 

No comments: