3.6.11

Book Review: Rees Howells, Intercessor: The Story of a Life lived for God

This book it great. Amazing story. I read this book, and before I was even finished with it I told mom, "It's like reading Bill Gothards The Amazing Way, all over again." It really is.

        No one in our family has ever read this book. One day I was looking on a shelf in a back room, searching for something new to read, and I picked this up, and thought, "hmm." I began reading it and could not put it down.
   Norman Grubbs covered his life extremely well. It seems like Mr. Howells was writing it himself.
I love how scriptural principles are woven through out this book:
  • Living in the Spirit
  • Prayer, the Intercessory life.
  • Fasting
  • Sowing and Reaping
  • Giving
  • Single Service
  • Missions
Have you ever wondered how the Miracle of Dunkirk happened? Read this book.
   A behind-the-scenes kind of book on WW2.
This man, Rees Howells, was full of wisdom. It really is an amazing book. He would be, in my view, a modern man in the Hall of Faith.

An amazing story Intercessing, of praying, of waiting.  
If I could describe this book in one word, it would be:
Incredible.
In one sentence, this book can be aptly described by what is on the cover:
The Story of A Life Lived For God.
I strongly encourage you to get this book.
It will change your life. It will be worth anything and everything you pay for it.
~Ashlyn


        

No comments: